Sako 85 .300 WIN Mag

jlang95

Inactive
Hello all,
I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the Sako 85 Hunter chambered in .300 WIN Mag or the Sako 85 in general?

Thanks Jake

I have 8 Sako's which 4 are 85's but no 300win mag. The closest would be my Sako 85 Grey Wolf in 7mmRem which is an excellent long range rifle. All my Sako's are very accurate with premmium factory ammo in the bullit weight they like.

I own 6 rifles, 4 of which are Sakos. Sakos are renowned for out of the box accuracy. The one Sako 85 I own is the Bavarian in .308. Super accurate, great trigger, with ability to use set trigger, well balanced & a pleasure to shoot.
A mate has a Sako 85 in 30/06 which he is also impressed with. No experience with the 300 mag though.

I have a 85 in .260 and love it. Shoots 1/2 Moa, action is very smooth, and the finish is absolutely stunning for a semi custom production rifle. The action is also medium size which allows me to seat the longer 6.5mm rounds out a little longer. The only downside is I don't use it that much because its such a nice rifle. It pretty much is a safe queen.

Last edited:
I already have the money for it. I just wanted to know if it was worth it and from what you guys are saying it is. I'm debating between the .300 Win Mag or a .308. Don't know which I want.

Very nice rifles !

I want a Sako 85 hunter laminated stainless in 223 Rem. with 1:8" twist rate....they are spendy ! A slightly used one will do ! :)

Here's my .300 Win. mag. Sako 85 Grey Wolf, it's a fine rifle. :)

Grey_Wolf.jpg

GWmag.jpg

GWC.jpg

Back