Saiga 12's...can a non-LEO get one?

You can get one but they are not cheap. My friend got one along with 5 or 6 spare mags last year for $800. While they look impressive they are not anything special. I still prefer my Remington 870 for "fighting" shotgun.

Sorry, just back from a trip. In response to Taco, they ARE something special if you're into Kalishnikov variants...so your friend got one, huh?

Front sight, you can get them. But with the long barrel, non-folding stock, and three round mag. Go to www.ak-47.net you'll find a lot info there. Or at least a good starting point. Personally, get the 410 gauge. At least you can get 10 round mags for them.

Frontsight: I guess they are "special" if you are crazy about Kalishnikov system but personally I didn't care too much about it. My friend likes it but more as curio piece than as shooting piece. We fired about 100 rounds of various loads and they are reliable. I think I would like it more if the barrel was about 16-18" instead of 24" and had a pistol grip as the rear stock was not confortable for my "smaller" hand.

Back