Safety Glasses?

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
For those who like to shoot outdoors in the sunshine - do you still wear safety glasses?
Or do you wear sunglasses?

I have a line of some really cool safety glasses that are also sunglasses. Perfect for the Shooter, Instructor or Officer or anyone really. These things provide as good or better protection that regular safety glasses. They look really cool too - I'm not talking about the mono wrap around 80's pimp type either. These are styling.
Cost is pretty cheep. Just a little more than regular cheapo safety glasses - and a heck of a lot cheaper than Gargoyles or the like.

Would you guys be interested at all in these?
I might put up an informal web page that gives you the number to call to order.

(I also have a very slick line of gas/fume masks if you guys would be interested in those as well - give me feed back - I dont want to waste time/effort on this if you guys are not interested)

I use Browning shooting glasses. The lenses are removable and there are 5 different shades I can pop in. However, unlike George's line, the Brownings run over $100.

I don't think you'll have any problems marketing those George. Good luck!

I wear sun glasses even though there probable not the strongest or safest. The problem I have with most Safety Glasses is they are not as clear as my Scopes are. Its real annoying trying to find the clear spot on the glasses so I can see the Crosshairs right. I'm interested?

PJ11B3VF7 - No, I dont have any images in softcopy...
Yet.
I think I'll be putting this up quite soon.
The masks - I have a line of many types... I'll have to put that up too.

You know what... Okay... I'll do it. I'l get on it shortly.

Hey, I'm interested as well. I was looking it Wiley-X shooting glasses (nice, but...damn! The pricetag) and would like an equally functional but much less expensive option.

Mike

You have seen the el-cheapo crappy safety glasses that I wear when shooting. No style whatsoever, and I look like a highschool wood shop teacher. :)

I'm interested.

Call me cheap...

and like Correia, I buy and wear the cheap stuff. Consumer Reports researched the subject of UV protection and said that cheap glasses also work. For my cheapies, I went to WallyWorld (Walmart) and bought it for about $10. It came with a "croakie" neckstrap too.

Oh, on the issue of fashionable attire, I'm a guy. Wodda I kear or know about it?

George,

Best of luck with your new line of glasses. ArmySon, if you are using the Browning Featherlite shooting glasses those are a great choice. We carry them for $90, under their manufacturers name, the Bolle Vigilante.

Folks, whatever you do, please dedicate a pair of eyepro for shooting. Don't go with out it cause you'll never see "it" hit you.

Best,

I'm still considering this...
I'm also considering expanding everything to include gloves, gas/vapor masks, boots, scuba (firefighter type not swimming type), Emergency Medical gear, even flashlights.
There are a lot of things I might do...

One thing, I'm doing this targeting Business and bulk orders type things. I'm really not interested in doing a normal Commercial type site... I dont have the time to process hundreds of orders for 1 item type orders.
In fact - What I want to do is open "Accounts" so my customers can place the orders, we ship, and then we bill them... That way I dont have to deal with credit card issues. There are problems with that - such as credit and business verifications and what not - but in the end it will be easier for both me and my clients...
Now - for just the Safety Goggle/Sunglasses - that I might due as a simple shopping cart type commercial site...
Not sure yet.
Still looking into the program.

If I don't... a google search will find it for you... :D
I'm talking to a potential host tomorrow. I'm going to get a killer deal:
http://www.M5Media.com is run by a fellow that I know and is going to hook me up for hosting and even development.

Back