Safe to shoot shotgun?

leadcounsel

I purchased a new shotgun a few years ago. One of those Chinese imports, double barrel break open style, coach gun. It was new to me. Came from Centerfire Systems.

I've barely fired it, maybe a couple boxes of slugs and buckshot. I noticed it has a very small, nearly imperceptible bulge in the end of one of the barrels. Can't say if was there when I bought it or occurred after I shot it.

Anyone know of any issues with the steel quality or any danger in shooting it? I can't think of anything inherently dangerous but maybe someone knows or saw something regarding these.

I doubt there is a warranty but I could look into it.

Pictures or dimensions on how bulged it is might help. Are you sure it wasn't like this when you bought it? Or maybe the choke is to constricted to shoot slugs through it at least on one side?

Can you see the bulge for the outside? If it is a noticeable bulge at all I would have a gunsmith take a look at it.

China has nothing but problems with their steel, however a shotgun tube is supposed to be soft anyway. I would try and get a mirror in their if it is near the end.

You need to take it to a gunsmith to look at it ( not ask questions on the internet - when we can't see the barrel or inspect it)....

Back