Safaris Ching Sling

Ive gotten interested in ching slings and cw slings lately since i read The Art of the Rifle. (not for a scout rifle or for some Jeff Cooper stuff, but just out of a desire to more acurately field shoot a rilfe) I was never crazy about drilling another hole in my rilfe though. Then I came across the Safari Ching Sling that takes the normal two positions. Any one used one? It would probably end up on my 700 in 25 06 (My all around rifle) Ive shot "cinched in" beofre in the millitary how does the safari sling compare?

I have one and used it for toting my rifle for a few weeks in the Arizona desert. I took it off and it has sat in my gun safe since then. It was not any faster than Africa carry and a normal two point sling. The wide strap is nice for heavier safari caliber guns but my big .30's (300 wm and 30-06) don't need that much.

You want mine? Pm me and we will work out a price that covers postage and a little more

Btw I don't shoot slung up so I can't evaluate that for you. I shoot supported 99.95% of the time when hunting. Most of my shots are 250 plus yards.

Back