Safariland Raptor & Levitation Belt?

The Raptor is the new level 4 holster? Me thinks we are getting ahead of ourselves, letting the equipment replace training. Make a holster so difficult to draw from then you have problems. I have seen them and came away unimpressed. There is nothing wrong with the current 070 holster at all, or the roll top model (6820?) with the sentry added to it.
Compound all the retentions with the fact officers have trouble drawing from a level 1 holster, it is asking for trouble.
Rant mode off.
The belt sounds like a good idea, save everyone's back.

I tried the Raptor and was impressed with it in level 3 form. The sales rep was seeing dollar signs until he called the factory and found that they're not making it to fit our P229 pistols (yet).
I could actually draw faster from it than from the standard Safariland hooded holster.

I also got a Levitation belt and holster for T&E and we weren't impressed. Items on the belt stick way too far out, you're stuck with what Safariland makes for accessories and the whole affair is held together with one "keeper" and velcro. If a bad guy broke the keeper and pulled the belt hard enough you'd unwind like the Tasmanian Devil.:eek:

Rick

Back