Safariland 2" drop

Coronach

A friend of mine said he obtained a piece from Safariland that gives a 2" drop to his holster. That is, this new piece attaches to the duty belt like the holster, then you attach the holster to this new piece. The cumulative effect is that the holster sits about 2" lower than it does if attached to the belt. My questions are:

1. Where to get this for the best price? I went straight to safariland, who I must say has an extremely worthless website. ;) Lots of nice statements about their products, but no listing of said products. I tried downloading their 400k file of their product list, no dice.

I also checked out Botach...and their new! improved! website is apparently only partially done. The Safariland section is blank.

I also asked my buddy where he got his. He couldn't remember, all he knew was that the company was (he thought) out of business. Huuuunh.

So, any ideas?

2. What are your thoughts on the reliability of this piece? My friend went through tactical inservice training with his and got it _bent_ in a gun-retention scenario. Bent is better than broken, but still, it does give me pause.

Thanks!
Mike

------------------
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

Coronach, what you describe is :

# 325 - Belt Drop Holster Adapter.(Lowers the standard ride by 2 1/2" on these Duty Holsters - 200 (Level 1), 295 (Level 2), 6280 (Level 2), 070 SSIII (Level 3).

Don't have the adapter on my 070. Prefer the mid-ride (std) position with regards to carry, draw, reholstering, retention.

You can also get the above holsters with a belt drop of 1 1/2" already fitted.
Numbers are : 2005 (for the 200), 2955 (for the 295), 0705 (for the 070). Not sure about the 6280 (it's a mid-ride to begin with).

Try this, hope it helps : http://www.safariland.com/dgcat/325.htm

*blink*

Okay...so they DO have product listings on their webpage...I swear they didn't 2 nights ago. Thanks! And yes, that was exactly what I was describing.

Mike

------------------
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

Back