SA Professional or Les Baer concept VI

yournodaisy

Thinking about these two pistols. I know there are other comparisons but lets stick between these two. Which one would you get? The Baer is stainless. The pro is a little more, but I wouldn't have to wait.

Concept Vi
I'd probably opt for the springfield, I hear there's problems with stainless unless it's a colt (peening). Colt only remedied this by adding to the carbon percentage. Not to say the les baer will have a peening issue but I'd just rather not chance it myself. Or at least look into if baer has the issue ever.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I love Springfield, have a TRP and a Mil Spec, but Les Baer might hold its value better than the Springfield. All that said, if that isn't a concern, buy what you like best. I don't think either can disappoint.

PS. Springfield Customer Service is excellent if you would happen to need it.
I've needed customer service 5 times in my life for 5 different guns. 4 experiences were great, 1 was terrible. Springfield's was the best out of the the other 3 excellent experiences.

I have both brands. I've personally dealt with both companies as in, walk in, talk to them, and spend time there. I absolutely love Springfield Armory. But, if you're looking for a company that sources American steel and American wood to manufacture their guns, have select few employees to fit/assemble them, then you need a Les Baer. It will hold its value FAR better than any Springer. That front stippling? There's a guy that's dedicated in doing that by hand on every single gun that goes through Les' door. His tolerances are much narrower, yet reliability is not compromised. In short, his guns are hand made.

have both brands. I've personally dealt with both companies as in, walk in, talk to them, and I spend time there. I absolutely love Springfield Armory. But, if you're looking for a company that sources American steel and American wood to manufacture their guns, have select few employees to fit/assemble them, then you need a Les Baer. It will hold its value FAR better than any Springer. That front stippling? There's a guy that's dedicated in doing that by hand on every single gun that goes through Les' door. His tolerances are much narrower, yet reliability is not compromised. In short, his guns are hand made.

Yeah I take it you’re not too familiar with SA Custom or the Professional. This isn’t a Loaded or Range Officer we’re talking about.

My TGO1 and Pro are far nicer than any Baer I ever owned. Just as tight and much more refined. Far more exclusive too and they hold their value better. Baers are dime a dozen by comparison.

In fact, the TGO1 is one of the finest 1911’s I’ve ever owned. They’re more expensive than Les Baer’s product line, but well worth the extra money.

Last edited:
Well I got the Baer. Here's why. The Pro was 2800.00 and the Baer was 2100 OTD with my LE discount of 5 percent. The Baer was in my hand and the Pro had to be ordered with shipping and FFL handling added. I was leaning to a more stainless gun, the accuracy thing doesn't bother me as they both shoot better than I do. The Baer is now added to my SA TRP and my Colt Classic Series 70.

Last edited:
Back