S&W Unoffical Homepage ? ? ?

TECOLOTE
I read,asked, & 'unthreaded' for months and
came up with a 3913TSW that was a reps.T&E
gun. I actually bought a Kahr and told my fav
'smith about it, giving him a list of mods I
wanted him to do on it;trigger job, fit slide, improve grip(machine out trigger guard/frame metal,
smooth trigger),bevel mag.well,etc. Ticket came to $300 min. On the way home a spied the
TSW & called the 'smith. He said buy it.I did and took it to him and he wouldn't even touch it.'Nuf said. (He has at least 100 guns and 30 are Smiths) He calls his 4506 his PIG AUTO. I also have a 686 4in.
Which Smith autos do u do you favor?
txs gds

S&W 3rd Gen autos get a very bad rap. They had some major problems during a few productions runs but on the whole they're very good. I relied on a S&W 6906 for a while. Never had a single problem. Fed anything I cared to give it, even some exotic and cheap surplus ammo. Never had a problem with limp wristing that supposedly plagues other autos. I liked the balance, weight, small size and it had an excellent DA/SA pull. When looking around in my area for a defense tool I was surprised how expensive they have gotten, $620 for a NIB 6906.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Their SW99 is good, but then again, it's half Walther :p

------------------
Whatever happened to Cincinnatus?

Most of my handgun experience has been with Smith, a lot with autos. I could go on for a long time about why I like 'em, but don't want to sound like one of those rabid Glock fellows. Of all of the Smiths I've seen in police service, I've only seen one lemon, and I have many, many more stories of how well they work...and how nice S&W has been to deal with if we tear one up...speaking of 3rd gen. only. I'm interested in the unofficial home page also, if anybody runs across it.

------------------
When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; IT IS that they shall be destroyed forever...Psalms 92.7

[This message has been edited by Jhp147 (edited January 05, 2000).]

If no one knows of an UNOFFICAL SMITH home
page maybe we should start one. There's one

FOR: glocks
kahr
colt
KIL-TEC

NO SMITH & WESSON ? ? ? ? ?

Above posted site---naaaaaa.............

WE WANT REALLLLL SMITH STUFF.

UNITE and route the plastics !

About this wather/smith thing. Don't forget, Walther agreeded to this arrangement also. It helps them spread their market area. I visited a large gun show yesterday and saw only 1! walther(PPK). Plenty of S&W's though.
Also the P99 is becoming very hard to find as I hear and may become non existant. Buy them while you can (Earl's, etc.).

Back