S&W SD9 or Beretta Nano ??

kymasabe

I know, this is a ridiculous question two totally different guns.
I used to own the SD9, flat dark earth, sold it to a friend, Apex trigger spring upgrade and 5 mags.
My daughter has a Nano, nice gun, I bought one as well, never fired mine, sitting in the safe.
I pocket carry a smaller gun than the Nano, so dont plan to carry it. And I miss the capacity of my SD9. I have buyers for the Nano, and the opportunity to buy my SD9 back for less than I sold it.
Can't afford both right now, I have to pick one or the other. I regret getting rid of the SD9, afraid next time I shoot my daughters Nano I'll regret having gotten rid of mine if I sell it.
Either gun is house gun, thinking high capacity would be better choice, but if I go back to SD9, am I taking a step backwards in quality, warranty, customer service, accessories, holsters, aftermarket support, etc.?
SD9 was/is uber-reliable. My daughters Nano has been flawless, assuming mine would be too.
Which one would you keep?

Seems like the Nano should go. Why did you buy it if you have no intention of carrying it and haven't shot it yet? A Nano doesn't seem like safe queen material to me.

Seems like the Nano should go. Why did you buy it if you have no intention of carrying it and haven't shot it yet? A Nano doesn't seem like safe queen material to me.
I bought it because it was a father/daughter thing. My daughter bought hers first, I liked it, thought I'd buy one too. Plus, I got a killer deal on mine. Just hasn't grown on me though. And I haven't shot it yet because in my mind it's still "new", unfired. As soon as I take it to the range, its a used gun in my mind.

As soon as you bought it the pistol became used. You can advertise is as unfired but all the buyer has is your story.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I bought it because it was a father/daughter thing. My daughter bought hers first, I liked it, thought I'd buy one too

Same thing happened to me, except she picked the SD9VE. So did the Mrs. and son.

They tried the Nano, the Mustang, and a couple other of those very small ones, but the SD won out all three times.

To my knowledge, there have been no issues at all with any of them.

I even have a spare in the safe that has prolly 200 rounds thru it just for verification.

Larger pistols are easier to shoot well and more enjoyable due to less muzzle flip and recoil. If you already have a pocket pistol, then go for the SD9.

Agree..kinda new to this whole gun gig but when I bought a new gun, the very first thing I would do is find some time to shoot it, particularly if I didn't 'try' one first..YMMV and all that. NOW, when I go shoot..I mix and match the 4 I have so I shoot all regularly..cuz they are all real 'FTS'(FunToShoot)..

I know, this is a ridiculous question two totally different guns.
I used to own the SD9, flat dark earth, sold it to a friend, Apex trigger spring upgrade and 5 mags.
My daughter has a Nano, nice gun, I bought one as well, never fired mine, sitting in the safe.
I pocket carry a smaller gun than the Nano, so dont plan to carry it. And I miss the capacity of my SD9. I have buyers for the Nano, and the opportunity to buy my SD9 back for less than I sold it.
Can't afford both right now, I have to pick one or the other. I regret getting rid of the SD9, afraid next time I shoot my daughters Nano I'll regret having gotten rid of mine if I sell it.
Either gun is house gun, thinking high capacity would be better choice, but if I go back to SD9, am I taking a step backwards in quality, warranty, customer service, accessories, holsters, aftermarket support, etc.?
SD9 was/is uber-reliable. My daughters Nano has been flawless, assuming mine would be too.
Which one would you keep?

"house gun" -- get the SD9, or one of the many other double stack 9s in that size class.

small guns are specialized, optimized for concealment and non-bothersome carry.

OP, If I were you I'd sell the Nano and buy back my SD9 for less than I sold it for. As metioned above, house guns should be bigger with higher capacity than a pocket pistol. But that said, only you can decide. Good luck. tom.

UPDATE: Y'all made sense and kinda confirmed what I was thinking.
Sold the Beretta today. Working on getting my SD9 back.
Thank you all.

Basically you are asking what should I own, a full size gun or a Micro 9mm? Two different tools. I am also betting you are not the type that hits the range very often and just looking for a bedside gun. Do you really think you would carry the large SD9 very often? If you do not carry the Nano, and carry a smaller gun then you will obviously not be carry the SDV;
You sold the SDV, so you probably did not like it all that much to begin with.
Honestly, I think you should do some more thinking and maybe consider a inexpensive 20 ga shotgun for home defense.

I do not know your budget, but I would not make the same mistake you made selling the SDV and sell the Nano. The Nano is one very great gun. If you got in the range time, you might actually want that as a bedside gun or might want to carry it later. One sweet, mild shooting Micro9mm.
Ironically, I am thinking of getting a second Nano, simply because I am so fond of it. But for home defense, I have a 20ga Mossberg by my Bed.

Basically you are asking what should I own, a full size gun or a Micro 9mm? Two different tools. I am also betting you are not the type that hits the range very often and just looking for a bedside gun. Do you really think you would carry the large SD9 very often? If you do not carry the Nano, and carry a smaller gun then you will obviously not be carry the SDV;
You sold the SDV, so you probably did not like it all that much to begin with.
Honestly, I think you should do some more thinking and maybe consider a inexpensive 20 ga shotgun for home defense.

I do not know your budget, but I would not make the same mistake you made selling the SDV and sell the Nano. The Nano is one very great gun. If you got in the range time, you might actually want that as a bedside gun or might want to carry it later. One sweet, mild shooting Micro9mm.
Ironically, I am thinking of getting a second Nano, simply because I am so fond of it. But for home defense, I have a 20ga Mossberg by my Bed.
I didn't make it clear in my first post but... I have shot a Nano, I've shot my daughters many times, so I can fairly compare one to the other and decide which I prefer. Honestly, I would have preferred to keep both, but budget wouldn't allow it. I had an opportunity to get my SD9 back, so I went for it and sold the Beretta. It's not the last Nano in existence and if some day I regret selling it, I'll just go buy another one.
Regarding range time, you are correct, I hardly ever get out to the range (indoor range, busy, crowded), only about once a month with my handguns, and only a couple hundred rounds per trip (long guns go to the outdoor range). Since I pocket carry,the SD9 is definitely not a carry option for me, isn't the role I intend for it anyway.
And, while the 20 gauge sounds like a great idea, my Mossy 500 12 gauge already fills that role.

Back