S&W Response 9mm

napg19

Has any lefty's here shot one of these.
Without a case deflector will the empty case's come flying into you're face? How's the recoil compare to a AR15? And do you get a mouthfull of gas everytime you shoot a round? My AR15 is left hand and I may have to go to shooting just 9m pistols. I'm 75, congestive heart failure, asthma and a pacemaker. I hate the thought of not having a rifle that I can use for self defense besides my pistols. My Henry .22 magnum lever action has too many FTE's to call it reliable. Sorry for writing a book. Any and all info will really be helpfull. Maybe I'm turning into a stuborn old man. LOL. Thanks.

I don't have the experience you're looking for, but I can say, I've shot quite a few 9mm carbines in my day and have yet to fire one that offered a whole lot of recoil. there's only so much powder you can fit in a 9mm case. even +p 147Gr loads are easily manageable.

napg19,
My reason for wanting one is because we bought a M&P-15/22 for our son about 12 years ago. That little gun has been nothing but perfect and has made me wish S&W would make something similar but with more power. I always figured maybe a 22 mag but honestly a 9mm would be even more to my liking. I wouldn’t think that being a simple blow back action it would be too gassy to the shooter.

Last edited:
Back