S&W rear sight blade

Interesting. What I don't understand, however, is what the advantages are compared to the original Smith rear sight. If you could explain that on your site it would certainly help.

First off, it increases the sight radius.....that be good.

The additional thickness would be a plus in some lighting conditions.......that be good too.

Sam.....waitin for white sights with red stripes, like my cane.

Hello, Jack,

If you are going to make that big an item, why don't you make it with a screwdriver adjustment for notch width. Should be fairly easy and allow customer adjustment without filing.

Jim

I simply took a face cutting file and increased the width of the sight notch on my one Smith to make it more suitable for bowling pin shooting...

Mr. Weigand

I am humbled andvery happy to be in your presence, Sir!
Your reputation preceeds you and your character is not considered to be flawed. Your very essence has been established and is already held in the highest degree of esteem in the rank and file of NRA Pistol Police PPC Shooters as I once was.
Sport and competition shooting is a quest which is fueled by a agressive and yes a unwavering and asertive desire to master the handgun.
The passion for knowledge and willingness to devote a lifeworks in the arenas of the competition shooters has resulted in thirty years of pure pleasure for me. It was worth every case of ammo to fire and the thrill of the ready line order to fire!
The further I go,concerning my quest, the more positive additional equipment I uncover -such as your new sight design.
Light-isthe common enemy of the professional comp shooter.
It reflectsoff everything which is not covered. And yes, sir, I continue to dissect every product I see. I think in absolute pure utilitarian terms.
Your Product: From the picture the first thing I look for is how the color, construction(concerning angles and 'grooves' ) will reflect or absorb different light rays*
* that topic was taught to our team by a scientist.
The scientist informed us of the many degrees of the rays as well as how they are dispersed upon striking any given object.
I paid attention and came to believe if you can defeat their reflections then the physical design, such as yours,sir, is acceptable to test.
In other words I can come to a postive dicision that your new design cannot be ruled out before actual use in the field.
SO.......you have angled the top most portion of the blade.
If you had a 'flat-top' design then the light would have a flat surface directly in the shooters line of sight and that feature would be absolutely not acceptable, sir. The light rays would have a 'mirror' to shine off of and directly in the eyes of the shooter.
So far so very good in design.
Next is the raised -grooved, portions on the flat surface which are on the bottom flat area of the sight. Those 'grooves' will actually break up the light rays when they strike it. The overall large suface area of your product uses it broad area to the advantage oftheshooter as the ridges and valleys defeat the reflective properties of those pesky light rays.
Sir, that is a brilliant design feature and affords the shooters eyes protection from reflective light rays.
Bravo to you sir!
Our PPC guns had a full length massive rib sight manufactured by Bomar. It was 'anchored' with several metal machine screws on the top strap and barrel.
Your design is to be fixed in place with one screw---and which it can most assuredly do and with absolute understanding that movement will be nil. The fact that you used light weight alunimum means that there'sno unsprung weight as a milled piece of steel would be. If that material had been used then in my humble deduction,sir, the heavy unsprung sight would have a strong tentency to move under recoiling conditions.
The slight movement would allow the light rays to dance all over the surface area of the sight. Those moving light rays would be a hindrance and thusly effecting overall accuracy.
The sights,with the narrow Target notched blade, could be used for competition shooting but I see a stronger use for your sight
That is the .125 notch blade model for other type shooting diciplines. For the shooter who will not use a bull barrel with a full length rib sight arrangment then I think you could target the large numbers of those handgunners with excellent sales results and satisfied customers.
Sir, you understand that the overal performance of any product is paramount. It is rivalled only by the satisfaction of the customer.
Again and finally respectable, sir, you desire to marry the practical sucess of your very fine looking and functional product to happy customers. That will be a sucess for all concerned.
Mr. Weigland I understand that premise and I wish you total sucess of your new sight!
With much respect
Don Mallard

Thanks!

Thank you all for the input.
Kenneth, I took your comment to heart and did as you suggested.
Jim, the sight blade is so small and light it does not even register on a postal scale.
Don, WOW, you need to be writing my copy, LOL! I thank you for the input and praise. I am sure most have noticed I don't usually copy others products but I try to innovate for the shooter.
Again thank you all, I will be checking the comments throughout the weekend.
God Bless
Jack Weigand

Good job Jack. I've often wanted a rear sight similar to the Wilson's on my 1911's. The Millet unit is nice, but I've been hesitant to spring for the $50 a pop, especially when I have over a dozen revolvers.

Looks like you have a winner. I've got your URL bookmarked and will be placing an order next week.

Joe

Back