S&W Model 945

PaladinVC

How would I go about acquiring a S&W 945? I've seen them reviewed, and mentioned in articles, and I've spoken to people who claim to own them, but I've never seen one for sale, and the only shopkeeper I ever asked about it had no idea that it existed. I know I've seen pictures of this thing. Does it have to be bought from someone special? Is it still in production?

A good friend of mine just bought one. I have to say it is very accurate. It out shot my Kimber by an inch at 25 yards with a 1.5 inch 8 shot group. He bought it (about $1200) through a stocking dealer in or near Gatlinburg, Tennessee and had it shipped to a local gun shop here in Virginia where he paid a $50 transfer fee and tax. I thought it was a nice piece but I'm going to spend my money on a Les Baer later this year. Good luck.

It is still in production. I believe that there was a Performance Center version that had great fishscale pattern slide serrations.
Your local dealer should be able to find a S&W distributor, if his does not carry S&W. Hey, you are the customer, he should be the one to get the product you offer.
In my experience, http://www.gunsamerica is a great place to find firearms of all sorts. You do need to ship to an FFL dealer, of course. I never had any trouble with their system.

I have the Commander length version and it is probably the most accurate pistol I own (and that includes two Les Baers). I don't care for the fact that it has Novak sights (just personal preference - perfectly functional) or that it doesn't use standard 1911 mags, but other than that, it is a superb gun.

Have your dealer contact Lew Horton Distibuting. They should have one. I own two of them. One is the full size and the other is the compact. These are the finest single action .45s available for the price. Now I think they are making a mini 3.5 inch barrel version. I guess I'll have to buy that one too. Damn this is getting expensive.

I just bought one about two months ago, and I love it. The hard part was finding a dealer that would order it. I did a sort on the net for S&W dealers and found a nice comprehensive list (all sponsored by S&W). Unfortunately, I crashed my hard drive and lost my bookmarks list. I ended up dealing with Bobs Guns in Grants Pass, OR (www.bobsguns.com). He's a nice guy and gave me a pretty good deal.

-Red-

Back