S&W Model 76....

I'm looking for some opinions on the S&W Model 76. I have a chance to pick one up off my girlfriends uncle who is in the process of moving out of the country. I have limited experience with machine gun NFA items, and none with a model 76. I know there were a limited number produced, something like 6000, and other than that nada.

I've been looking into getting a M11 with a lage upper, I'm not sure where the 76 compares, price, quality, ease of shooting etc...

I'd appreciate any experience/advice anyone has.

There are much more accessories for the M11 than the 76. That said, I have seen the M11 shooters tinkering with their guns while the guy with the 76 kept shooting. Based on my observation, I would go with the S&W.

Sorry to be late on this post (Been away), But I own a S&W 76 along with a couple other NFA weapons. The 76 is my favorite. It is a sweet shooting subgun. It will shoot just about anything from the weakest reloads to +P+ IMI stuff (Note the IMI stuff needs the heavy recoil spring). I've had it for a 1.5 years now and put at least 6k down the barrel and can count on one hand the number of FTF's its had. Original Mag's are pretty expensive $75-$100, but cheap ($10-$20) Suomi M31 mags can be modified quite easily and really work well.

Here is a pic

SW_76_Detail_2.jpg

If your looking to buy acc. and spend more money, get the M11.

JMHO

Back