S&W Model 57 "Last Cartridge"

jdhunter1977

Inactive
Looking for info. on a S&W Model 57 in .41 mag engraved "Last Cartridge". I have just aquired one in mint condition in orig. box. Any info would be appreciated.

Manufactured in 1990 for Ellett Bros. of Chapin, SC. Series of 12 guns. Series never completed by S&W because of because a breakup of the business relationship. The Last Cartridge was the May issue. Should have a scene engraved on the side plate with a man doing the last cartridge dance { old advertising art } with a Brown bear. Should also have a special calendar book . Model 57 with .500" target Hammer, .400 serrated trigger, red ramp front sight,white out lined rear with target grips. Info from the 3rd Edition of the Standard Book of Smith and Wesson. No value given. Hope that helps.

There were nearly all of the 500 sets produced. There was a complete set of all twelve on Gunsamerica a bit ago for $9,950. I've read somewhere that the individual guns are only about 10% premium over comparable NIB stock specimens.
:cool:

Hi JD, welcome to the forum. Just curious, is the serial number an "N" or "S" prefix.... or something different? I'm not familiar with the "Last Cartridge" models.

Back