S&W model 360 scandium j frame

speed

Anyone own one? , how do you like it? , how much did you pay?

Are you glad you went for the this model as opossed to the 340 hammerless model?......do they make the 360 in the black and grey finish?

speed

I have come to the conclusion I want either the 360 or an SP101..
I havent had to pleasure? of shooting a full mag load from a 12-13 oz Snubbie..thats gotta hurt!
Shoot well

Unobtanium.....

From what limited info I have read. Its a high strength alloy developed by the USSR for aerospace development. The cold war ended and S&W ended up with the technology...dah? Anyway,
it handles shock loads produced by handguns well, is light and
strong. It is designed to handle heat cycling and be "shock absorbing".....flexes" to a minor degree while remaining very
strong. I could be wrong, not a metalurgist, but think Titanium is
harder and more brittle...not handling the "shock" as well as Scandium. Thats it....

Shoot well

I got my 360 second hand. My druthers would be for the Centennial model (hammerless) as I've taught myself to shoot snubbies strictly double action. However, the 360 with the exposed hammer is workable in a pocket holster.

While no picnic for a beginner, the infirm, or a sensitive shooter, the scandium 357 is no problem to shoot for a seasoned pistoleer. I've put a couple of boxes of full tilt 357 158 grain factory loads through it in as many range sessions.

I do recommend checking which ammo it prefers. I received almost a full box of Sellier and Bellot 357s with it but they had extraction problems. Switching to Federal 357 and the extraction problems disappeared and it was more accurate to boot.

HTH

Back