S&W model 340

i don't have the mod 340,357 but I have had the mod 342ti for a few months and have carried it daily since, I have only put about 500 rds through it,but it has been 100% reliable,is accurate and I enjoy shooting it as long as standard pressure loads are used under 130g or so,I have put roughly 100 rds of +p's through it but i feal all the extra blast and what is lost in controlability +p ammo is not worth it, I feal very well armed with 5 fed. 110g pd's and a speed strip reload. It is by far the finest gun for pocket carry i have owned in 10+ years of carring various concealed firearms. I did change the origional grips to houges new bantum grip which is also highly reccomended with the bantum grip the empty weight is reduced to just under 11oz.

Pocketman, I too have a 342PD, a love/hate relationship. Finally, found a solution to help practice sessions. I now use an uncle mike's shooting glove. I too use the lower intensity rounds as practice with +P is intolerable. I would like to try winchester 125grJHP @ 775fps and the 3D 100grain wadcutter @ 750fps. These should be fairly comfortable. In addition, the optimum grip has been the Pachmayr compac with the pinky rest. It covers the backstrap, which really helps with battering the hand. I may get mine ported. I would pay cash money to watch someone shoot the Titanium snub with .357:).

Back