S&W model 30 maybe

jrobin9

Inactive
I found a gun at my grandmothers tucked away. I think it's a S&W model 30. nickel with wooden grip. 3" barrel etc. Can someone tell me what the little slide level is behind the cylinder? it looks like it's meant to push toward the cylinder but it only moves the other way and you have to push it backwards to pull the hammer back. serial 630079 Not much exp with these guns. I should also say after more playing... The ejector star piece is missing and maybe a couple more parts. Looks like that "piece" may push the slide backwards so hammer will move. Guess that's a safety thing so it wont shoot without the cylinder in place. Here is another pic. I have a threaded rod with nothing attached and the area for the ejector star is empty.
Sorry guys should have dug more before I posted... Looks like center pin, center pin spring and extractor are all I'm missing. Can someone help me confirm the model?
IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0106.JPG

Last edited:
You have the ejector rod but yeah, the extractor, center pin and spring are missing. I would contact S&W to see if they can work on it as the extractor is a factory fitted part.

Edit: Based on the serial number, it's either a pre model 30 (.32 Hand Ejector) or a pre model 31 (.32 Regulation Police).

Jim

Last edited:
Can't tell much from the photo, but it looks recent enough that the model # should stamped on the frame at the cylinder crane pivot. Just open the crane and look at the frame.

On the pivot for the cylinder it has "L" on top row, then "69459" on 2nd row, then a "3" on 3rd row.
Also has 69459 on the arm that rocks and ties frame to cylinder.

Do the parts for a 31 and 30 work for either? I found these parts for a 31 but haven't look long for them.

Back