S&W Model 19-6 help

RCO

Inactive
I have a chance to buy a Model 19 (blued) for at least half the going used prices. It's from my life long buddy and it has been used very little. It has a square butt and I would much prefer a round butt but the price is too good.

What grips could I use to minimize the grip size for CCW? That rear corner on the stock grips and sharp bottom edges show more than rounded edges.

B3433_DF9_FEE0_41_E0_BF68_CE7_A6750_E924.jpg

Here are a set on my 686Plus .357.

Those are great looking grips. I haven't got the revolver yet but should get it in the next couple days. Thank you.

I have a chance to buy a Model 19 (blued) for at least half the going used prices. It's from my life long buddy and it has been used very little. It has a square butt and I would much prefer a round butt but the price is too good.

What grips could I use to minimize the grip size for CCW? That rear corner on the stock grips and sharp bottom edges show more than rounded edges.

There are literally dozens of square to round conversion grips available as aftermarket stocks.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ver+grips+square+to+round+conversion&_sacat=0

tipoc

If you are an S&W Man, call them stocks. LOL

The only thing I can say is to keep the old stocks stored away in case you ever choose to sell the revolver. Grips/stocks are sort of a personal fit and appearance type deal. Select what feels good to your hands and appearance wise looks good to your own eyes.

Ahrends makes some great looks grips/stocks and might be a good start point. Good luck with it and share some pictures when you get it to your personal satisfaction.

I've got a M19 with a 4" bbl. and use Alamont grips on it. They're on the large side for day to day carry, but the feel in the hand is worth the additional effort for CC use. Life is too short to use ugly grips! Rod

Back