S&W Model 13

prhm

I am planning on selling a S&W model 13 .357. It was a police trade in so it has some holster wear on the barrel and frame, but no rusting or pitting. Would anyone out there be able to give me an idea on what I should try to get out of it. Mechanically it is in good shape. According to the gunshop that I bought it from it got carried a lot, but shot little. Thanks for any help in advance.
Almost forgot I took of the presentation grip and put on a hogue monogrip. I still have the presentation though.

Here in Alabama, $150.00 to $169.95 would most likely be the most one could expect, from such
a weapon. Extra nice condition would bring the
price up to approximately $175.00.

Code of Conduct- "Buy economical as possible;
sell for all you can get." Unknown Author

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

I sold one to a friend a few years back (sounds like mine had a little less holster wear - it was bearly worn) for $135. I think the other gents are right on the money as to what you might expect. I'd be looking for no less than $150, but not a heck of a lot more than that, either.

Good luck!

At a Dallas-Fort Worth show last month, a Model 13 in very nice condition was marked $300. When I came back a bit later, the seller said that it had gone for $280.

The last one I saw on the dealer's used shelf here in Ohio was priced at $350.00. It lasted about a week. IIRC, it was a 3 inch barrel, mid 60's or 70's mfg and unfired, complete with box and original sales recpt. From what I've read here at TFL, location, location, location determines price more than condition.

Don't Sell It !

The K-Frame revolver has a lot going for it.

It is simple, easy to use and usually accurate.

The new revolvers that are coming out have features that will make them undesireable. The value of your revolver should increase in the years ahead.

I will never sell mine.

-Mk.IV

Not worth selling, but sure worth customizing. My gunsmith Bro. used to take these, put an Aristocrat adjustable sight rib on them, clean up the DA, and sell them as PPC guns. Called them 'Mongooses', because they ate Pythons and other (Colt) snakes!
Of course it's a great gun as-is. Get a nice electroless, hard chrome or Gunkote refinish onto it to your taste, and you'll have a keeper worth more than you could sell it for.

The 3" Model 13 is the gun that the FBI used prior to switching over to semiautos and they are fine guns indeed. But for my use, I would prefer to have the stainless steel Model 65 3' round butt for a carry gun, due to its increased ease of maintainance and rust resistance.

7th

I bought a "used" 3" round butt Model 13 from a former Fairfax County, Virginia Deputy who won it in a PPC match years ago. He said he shot it a couple of times then wrapped it up and put it away in the factory box.

It is a 13-2. I gave him $250 for it. It's virtually LNIB.

I do shoot it. I put 60 rounds through it last night.

Back