S&W Mod 57

taurus

I have located a S&W Mod 57 in 41 mag. Never fired and new in box. Six inch barrel. I can buy for 325.00. What do you think as far as price?

I personally would jump on it, last time I saw a used one at a gun show was $400 in about 80% condition.

6mm

I recently purchased a 95% to 98%, very tight 4" Model 57 for $275. I would say $325 for the gun you are describing is a good buy!

Be prepared: ammo in this caliber is not economical.

They're not economical to shoot unless you're a reloader...but dang it, they're fun.

pc57.jpg

lendringser: a question

The round butt conversion on your 57; is that to a K/L grip frame size, or to the "N" frame round butt - if there is such a thing?

I'm a little confused with the N frame grip sizes! I've seen pistolsmiths advertise round butt conversions, and "square butt to K frame round butt" conversions. Is the largest round grip frame in a Smith the K frame size, or is there a larger N frame size?

Kevich,

It was an N-frame square butt; it is now an N-frame round butt.

All frame sizes had round butt or square butt up until recently, but now all they make is round butt guns.

(This is an over-simplification, as I don't think there were any square butt M-frames, but anyway... ;) )

taurus--Buy It IMMEDIATELY!!! Or, e-mail ME the whereabouts of said M-57...one can NEVER have enough NICE N-frames, after all!!!....mikey357

Back