S&W Mod.410 (.40)

SW 586

Am I the only one who owns this doorstop? Can you hit anything with it (besides throwing it), or is it just me? :confused:

I have owned over a dozen Smith autos in 9/10/40/45. Only ONE was not what I consider to be accurate, and that was one of the "Value Line" models in 9mm. It is unusual, but perhaps you have been stricken with one too. Do your shooting experienced friends have trouble grouping with it?

Mine shoots OK, and that's about it. I bought it because it was cheap and I'll ultimately use it to train my sons. As soon as they show that they can treat it right, clean it right, and shoot it right, I'll move them up to something better. I don't want them scratching up a good 1911 or something.

Another annoying feature is that the front sight is not vertical. I've noticed this problem on all of the guns that I've handled in this series (908, 410, 457, etc).

I haven't shot commercial loads through it, as I reload a pile of 40. My reloads tend to be more accurate than commercial ammo. But it doesn't group as well as any of my other 40's. Feeds reliably though, and the trigger pull is decent.

Back