S&W Mag Capacity

Maka

Can somebody explain S&W magazine capacity versus Beretta? I have a Beretta 92F that I can leave one round in the chamber and with the action closed I can load a full 15 round clip into the gun. But my S&W 411, I can only load a full 10 round clip into the gun if the action is open. Which means, if I keep one in the chamber then I can only load a clip with 9 rounds into the gun. If I try to put 10 rounds in, then the 10th round will not compress into the mag when clip is put in the gun, so I can't get the clip to lock in place. I thought these S&W's should be able to hold the mag capacity plus one in the chamber. Or is this just a problem with these 10 round mags not being designed properly, to allow the last round to be pushed down far enough to be loaded? This happens with both the factory and aftermarket 10 round mags, but I'm not sure if it happens with the 11 rounders.
Or is this just a problem with my S&W?
Thanks
Tony

The manufacturers must be real careful now to make sure that there is no way to get more than 10 rounds in a magazine, thus creating the tight fit in some models. Before 1994 it wasn't a problem when a Browning HP mag was suppose to hold 13, but you could squeeze 14 in, no squeezing 11 into a 10 rounder is a felony for the manufacturer.

Back