S&W M&P Shield Extra Magazine Pouch

So I recently bought a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm (which I love by the way). I've been carrying a full size M&P 9 for almost a year now and wanted something a little smaller for concealment. With that, I'm moving from 17 rounds to 7+1 or 8+1 (depending which magazine I go with).

Anywhoo, going from 17 rounds to 7-8 makes me feel the need to carry an extra magazine. As you know, the M&P Shield magazine won't fit a traditional single-stack magazine pouch because of the width of the magazine. I put the Shield magazine in a double-stack magazine and it worked alright, but not perfectly.

Any recommendations out there for an extra magazine pouch for the M&P Shield? Also, I carry IWB for concealment. Do you personally carry an extra magazine IWB or OWB?

Me....

I don't own or carry any M&P Shield pistols. I'm not fond of the design for a sub-compact & I've heard/read they had a few flaws/recalls.
If I did look at a M&P Shield for CCW or BUG(back up gun) use, Id check out the new Sticky Holster mag holder; www.Stickyholsters.com , they are low cost, well made(in the US of A: :D ) & can be converted from belt or pocket.
Another top pick would be a DeSantis Nemnesis magazine holder. The tacky covered mag holder can slip quickly into a pocket & be available in a critical incident.
I used a Nemnesis pocket holster with my Taurus Protector .357magnum in 2004. The rig worked great.

I carry the same Shield very often, but use the larger mag and don't carry a spare. I also love mine and it shoots great, but I never felt the need to carry more ammo.

I carry a spare mag for my XDs (similar single stack) in a Desantis Mag-Packer. It works better for me than any other spare mag mode of carry I have tried. And by the way, you should always carry a spare mag regardless of what gun you are carrying.

+1.....

I agree 100%. A pistol mag, no matter if it's 6rd or 17rd, should always have at least 1 fully loaded back-up/spare.
The chances of a armed citizen or CCW holder needing a second/third magazine are extremely low but I'm not going to take that risk.
As I've posted in a few other forum topics, many sworn LE officers & uniformed security in my area are now packing three magazine, slim line style holders.
That can send a lot of rounds down-range. ;)

I feel sad to hear I've been carrying my pistol inappropriately all this time. I guess I can only agree 39% of the time and won't be able to send enough rounds downrange in a hurry.

Remora makes some nifty IWB mag pouches. If you go to their web site and subscribe to the newsletter, you will probably get an e-mail in a few days with a 25% discount code. I found that out after I had already ordered from them.

100% screwed....

Well, if you fired up all of your rounds with the threats looming down & you don't have any spare mags, then you'll be 100% screwed. :D

Back