S&W M 27-2 Info

Ronin 99

Picked up an LNIB M 66-2 at the gunshop last week and went back to see what else they had.
Showed me several used revos but only a 4 inch 686 caught my eye. Then the gunsmith comes out of the back carrying an old,beatup wooden box. Opens it up to reveal a mint M27-2 with a checkered topstrap and beautiful wooden grips. Finish is flawless,a beautiful deep polished Royal Blue. Asked $400 and I took them both for $665 OTD. The M27 had been buried and forgotten since 1983 and still had the original papers including a blank warranty card. Any info would be appreciated. Serial # N3256**. This gun was so gorgeous I forgot to test fire it. Will take care of that tomorrow. Thanx in advance.
Ronin

Does your md 27 have a 6 inch barrel and a post type front sight. I think they call it a patridge type. My 27 is set up that way and it is an excellent revolver. I purchased it when I started shooting NRA hunter pistol matches and it served me well. I am sure you will enjoy yours.-Cliff

Yes it does have a 6 inch barrel and with Partridge Sites. Wow,can't believe the gun is that old. The wooden box does look it's age though. Funny,I was looking for a 586 and look what I ended up with. Can't wait to shoot this thing in the morning. Life is good!:)
Ronin

I have the same type revolver you describe. I bought it used in the wooden case at a pawn shop for $275 about 2 yrs ago. This is the most accurate revolver I've ever owned and I've owned more than a few. One inch 5 shot groups at 25 yds are routine with max+ loads of 2400 behind the 140 gr Rem JHP. Not long ago I took a jackrabbit with it at 60 yds off hand. Needless to say it's one that I'll never let get away. Hope your's shoots just as good. regards, birdman:D

It's the ORIGINAL model of .357 Magnum! The one Col. Wesson used (with 8 3/8th barrel) to kill much large game when it was originally developed in the '30's. The finest premier revolver for many years. You can shoot .357 mag. loads in it forever. Very strong. Hang on to it! It will be a pleasant companion for as long as you want!

Gotta love those N frames,never have to worry about shooting hot loads with .357mag. The 4 inch 686 is a beauty as well. Maybe I'll go shoot again tomorrow and Monday and.......
Ronin:D

I have a Mod.27-2 and have loved it since I got it. It shoots like a champ and handles that way too.

You are a very lucky man, Ronin 99. If I could only purchase one more revolver in my lifetime I would give the mod 27 a very serious look. Thank God I'm not in that position. I'd want it in 8-3/8 for the velocity and weight.

justinr1

Back