S&W Automatic Shotguns

loknload

Anyone know anything about the S&W Md#1000 Auto Shotgun. My local dealer has one new in the box for $450. He said its a good shotgun and can't figure why it didn't sell.
What are your thoughts? Is it a worthwhile shotguun?

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

S&W pumps like the 3000 were fielded to compete with the 870 for Police and Correctional Agencies. They came up kinda short, not working well when dirty or holding up to the abuse working shotguns get. That may have carried over to the autos. Also, many of us are eschewing all S&W products due to their craven and callous betrayal of all of us.

One of my local dealers has a Smith 1000 in 95-98% that he is asking $270 for and can't move it. I want it simply to fill in my Smith & Wesson collection (I've already got the model 1500 Deluxe Smith rifle in 7mag.) but have had other priorities. I've never heard anything about them either good or bad but they would be a nice novelity in a collection.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Gunslinger, That's exactly what I was thinking also. Do you know about what year they were produced? I can't find to much info on these. I'm sure these shotguns well precede the S&W sell out agreement. I didn't ask him how long it was laying there. I was thinking maybe doing that one, or picking up a used Model 12 Winchester he has there and restoring it. The 12 is relatively cheap and is a shooter not a collector.Winter project.

Happy Shooting :)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

The Smith and Wesson shotguns were manufactured by Howa in Japan from 1972 until 1984.
Definitly pre-agreement. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Back