S&W and "Safe-T-Hammer"

Several states are going to require them after the first of the year. I doubt many manufacturers will make special runs for those states, and will probably ship all their guns with the internal locks or lose sales in those states.

Jim

Yes, yes, I know. Now does anyone have an answer?
I can guarantee that I am not the only one wondering.

Oh, BTW, thanks for the start Jim. All I saw when I first looked in the thread was AR-10s response.

Seeing as how this is Saf-T-Hammer's proprietary lock and sole product, it makes financial sense for them to buy a manufacturer to develop their locks for.

First of the year is probably right. Does anyone know if this new lock is apt to lock without the key for any reason?

As Robert said, available now. You may need to look to find one, but S&W is shipping them.

Preserve:

I'm sure if you ask S&W, there is no way for this lock to activate without turning the key. Like anything, time will tell. It may prove to be reliable. Without testing in the "real world" you just can't tell. Manufacturers do a prudent amount of testing, and then they field their product. That's when the real testing begins. I'm sure this has been tested as rigorously as possible by S&W. Obviously, they are comfortable that it will work as advertised.

Buy one and shoot it. If a lot of people do, then data will be gathered.

Back