S&W airlight 332

jjmorgan64

my friend, honest, is looking at one of these in a 32 magnum. I even told her of the boycot, but she's looking at a used one anyway.

Anybody have any experience with one of these that I can tell her, How is the recoil??

She has extremely small wrists, so the 32 is what she wants.
Thanks a Bunch

Will let you know soon......

Mine had a slightly loose shroud --:( -- so I returned it to get it fixed. From what I've gathered the gun has ~20% or so less recoil than the .38SPL. She could be making a WISE choice . best....dewey

I have a 331 AirLite Ti

Liked the idea of a hammer. It's hard to put a percentage on the reduced felt recoil. I guess the 20% is accurate, though. I use Federal 85gr JHP. Seems like a good carry piece. The first time I fired it, I thought it was about like one of my .38's with non+P ammo. However, after a few, I could feel it was lighter recoil.

KR

Personally, I think she'd be a bit better off going for a heavier, all-steel framed gun in .38 Special.

Recoil will likely be the same as the .32 Mag. lightweight, but with proper ammunition the cartridge's capability is a lot more.

Ammo availability is rather limited with the .32 Mag., as well.

Boycott doesn't apply to USED ones

but I'm glad you told her about it.:)

Ammo is more limited, and generally more expensive than any .38, though not dramatically so. If for some reason she did not like the gun, having bought it used, she wouldn't get hurt much selling it off. If she does like it, there are several J-frames in .22LR that she could purchase for inexpensive practice and trigger time. I don't think it's a bad move at all.:)

I found that the recoil of the lightweight 32s was about the same as a mild 38 in my 442.

If one wants a 32 for recoil - it would be hard to find but there was a 632 - alloy, SS cylinder.

Or as Mike suggested a stainless 640 with a mild 38.

How is she going to carry it? I think something like a SW 3913 is easier to shoot by the way.

Taurus makes a steel 32

http://www.taurususa.com/m731.html.

IMHO - this one needs to be rethought a bit as to actual recoil and carry characteristics.

Back