S&W 69 .44 Magnum 4.25"

ifithitu

What are your opinions of this S&W 69 .44 Magnum? I just made the add to my collection last week.I haven been to the range yet,so I can't give a report on the Pros & Cons of this revolver myself.

Attachments

• 21728360_1463245560420848_2019492026416170256_n (1).jpg
    21728360_1463245560420848_2019492026416170256_n (1).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 88
Great gun, light enough for daily carry if you can tote a full size K frame and accurate as all get out. Mine will do sub 2" gps on demand from the 25 yd line. I like 1000 fps loads for the most part, put up in either .44 special or magnum brass. With full house loads, the rubber grips really soak the recoil, but only for the first cylinder full or so. I think you'll like it. Rod

I have one, it is a keeper. I would like to send it in for the shorter barrel though. I have enough long barred 44's if I need one.

I would like to send it in for the shorter barrel though.
Can they do that?
I thought you couldn't because of the two piece barrel.

I do agree though - I really want the short barreled one.

I've had my S&W M69 4-incher for a bit over two years now. When I go deep into the backwoods it's my go-to sidearm. It's lighter than my GP-100 by a couple ounces (I think it's actually 4 oz. lighter), fits in the same holsters, is at least as accurate if not more, and well, it's a .44 mag.

The stock DA trigger pull is a bit heavy (probably lawyered up), but the out-of-the-box SA trigger pull is pretty good. I dropped a Jerry Miculek reduced power spring into it and now the DA trigger pull is just above an 8 lb. pull, which for me is about perfect.

I've shot up to 305 gr. Buffalo Bore .44 magnums out of it (about 100 rds) and while I wish the gun were heavier after a cylinder or two, it's manageable. I prefer 240 grainers which can be shot quickly and accurately with some practice. .44 spls are like .38s out of this gun.

Got the 2.75 inch version, and like it. Very well machined and fit together, and very accurate. The SA was at close to 6 lbs, and the da pull very heavy. Switched out the trigger return spring and backed of strain screw a tad, made huge difference.

Bought a higher rear sight, and widened the rear notch considerable. My version of "old man sites", and easier to sight in with the medium power 180 jhp's I bought it for. Put houge rubber bantams on it, and personalized it to fit with the moniker "combat magnum"

Don't mind the black accents a bit, and like a rounded off trigger for DA.

Back