S&W 669 1st firing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I finally got to go shoot my new/used S&W 669. Not many complaints. The sights are not as bright as I would like. Will be correcting that, not sure how yet. The nose of the gun got a lot dirtier than I would like, I think because of the shorter barrel.

Otherwise it was a joy to shoot. Put around 320 rounds through it. No problems with any of them. Have to get used to the trigger as it stages quite differently than my Taurus PT99. Got decent groups out of it. Slow, carefull firing at 25' resulted in around a 2 inch group. Hit dead center with my first shot of carry ammo (Remington Golden Sabers), and that was DA.

Overall I'm pleased with it. Hoping to put a thousand rounds or so through it before the end of the year. Carries very well, lot better than the Taurus. Fits the hand very nice, a lot better than the Kel-Tec P11 I used to own.

One other thing I almost forgot, there seems to be this ability to cock the hammer back about a 1/3 of the way back. It happens when I pull the trigger back part way and then release it. Found this out after I cleaned the gun and was dry firing it. Makes it hard to de-cock it and put the safety on. Didn't know if this was normal or not. The only thing it seems usefull for is to 1/3 cock it and then thumb the hammer back to full cock.

------------------
Peace through superior firepower...
Keith

If the 2nd is antiquated, what will happen to the rest.
"the right to keep and bear arms."

[This message has been edited by KAM_Indianapolis (edited November 01, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back