S&w 657???

Kobra

I have noticed there are several 657's listed on the Internet but the one I would like to see is this year they made one with a 7 1/2" barrel with full underlug and an unfluted cylinder but I have never seen one. Does anyone actually own one of these? If so how do you like it. I had a picture but S&W changed their site and now it appears different.

Incidentally the other two consist of:
657 without a full underlug and the cylinder is fluted
657 with a 2 5/8" barrel and wood grips

Yes, they made one!

And I own it, and I'm going to keep it!:p

Great gun! Really tames my huntin' loads!

I also have a 657 Mountain Gun. :D

Yr. Obt. Svnt

The 7 1/2" gun is new for 2001. Length is a little bit too much for my taste, but whatever. The gun without the underlug was the previous product (now discontinued) and probably one of the best handling, best shooting products ever to come out of the Smith & Wesson factory. There are currently two Performance Center products, the 2 5/8" gun and a 6 1/2" gun called a V-Comp hunter. Both are in that $800 ball park. There have also been some on again off again productions of Mountain guns and Hunters for Lew Horton, but none have been produced for a few years now.

Robert

Greeting's All;

Well, I've only seen one S&W 657, and it
was a 4" beauty.:) Unfortunately, it
belonged to someone else; but I tried to
give it a new home.:D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

MOLON LABE!!!

Cool. I just wanted make sure that the gun I saw in the magazine was the same one that I got a price on.

Back