S&W 646 revolver

The cylinder is chamfered to hold a 40 S&W case. The rim of the case sticks out of the cylinder. Using your fingernails, you just grab the rim and pull the cases out. That is "hand ejecting" or at least that is what my Webster's dictionary says. :D

Robert

On my 646 a smart smack on the extractor rod will usually make 4 or 5 fall free, the remaining cases I pluck w/ fingernails. None of my 610s do that.

I don't know how many will be included with the gun when it gets here but I've also bought 10 from TC Custom. Am I correct in assuming that, given proper care, these should last indefinitely?

Mine came with 6 full moon clips. Five of these were OK but one of them is malformed and useless.
My 646 will not reliably fire all rounds without the moon clips.

Neil Casper

On my 646, firing without moonclips is only possible with carefully selected brass. Out of the box factory ammo is not at all reliable without the clips. When I have fired ammo without using the moonclips I have no problem at all removing the spent brass.

k in AR

Does that mean that you too live in Arizona? I'm up in Flagstaff.

I've ordered my 646. I've also ordered 10 spare clips and a couple clip tools from moonclips.com. Hopefully these clips will last indefinitely because it sounds like it would be difficult to use this gun without them.

S&W 646 Revolver

I've used a 646 since it first came out, and found that by carefully tailoring handloads, the gun is very reliable without the use of moon clips- Wally

Back