S&W 63-5 .22

Rfactor

Inactive
Just found what I hope to be a new gem. A Smith 63-5.22 J frame as new condition for 490. 00 at the local gun store. High viz front site, 8 shot cylinder, Stainless 3" barrel. I can't wait to give it a try. Looking for anyone who has tried this little revolver.

I've had a couple 63s but not a dash-5. They are a top shelf revolver. I don't do
stainless so I traded them of. I have 34s, the blue version. I recently traded off
a 617-6 4" with hi viz sights & 10shot. It was also a very accurate revolver but
a little on heavy side. If you like stainless you can't buy a better revolver with
either 63 or 617 of any dash.

I bought one about a year ago, it goes with me to the range always. Someone will see me shooting and they want to try it out. Very comfortable in the hand, my wife always wants to shoot it, especially with .22 shorts. I think I paid $ 540.00 for it, a little much for a .22, but i am glad I have it. Wish you the best with it..I will keep mine.

I have a M63-4 (5") and M63-5 (3"). The only problem I have heard about are issues that relate to being dirty. Keep it clean and it will last a long time. My 63-5 cost a lot more than what you're looking at. Buy it and enjoy it.

The two M63's are the 22 revolvers I shoot now the most. Just like them.

Forgot to mention, that I shoot the Ruger LCR-22 a fair amount for fun. I find it a hoot to shoot. But the M63 is a much better gun in my opinion.

Last edited:
Howdy

I bought this one a bunch of years ago. Model 63, no dash, made about 1980. Included the box and all the goodies. Nice shooter, but I prefer K frame 22s. Sorry, I don't remember what I paid for it.

Model%2063_zpsrydehfkg.jpg

Back