S&W 629 Usage in IDPA/IPSC

John Ringo

For kicks & giggles can I use my S&W 629 at an IDPA or IPSC match ???

I am sure that some people would get a kick out of watching me try :-)

I figure that I have to become as proficient with my 44 Magnum as I am with my P220 considering that I have my 629 with all the time. It's my new favorite. It's by far the most accurate handgun that I have ever owned. Now I have to get serious with it despite the brutal recoil and blisters on my hand:-)

forget Wilson

Go IPSC'ing with yer '29 (HKS speedloaders); I'm trying to climb into C Class using Redhawks of both lengths in 357, 41, 44, and 45 Colt.

My fav is my 7.5" 357 'Hawk because its sight radius is perfect for my eyeballs (plus, yes, it's fun to see the reactions of other competitors, especially if you wup 'em using said gargantuan wheel).

Last edited:
wheelgun ipsc

Got my IPSC "B" card with a 6 1/2" S&W 25-2 a LONG time ago when IPSC stages were revolver neutral(6 rounds max per shooting position). Different story now. If you can't spit out 10 rounds before reloading, you better be there just to have fun shooting against other wheelgunners or be Jerry Mickulec.

yep

Most matches I travel to are 10-rd friendly; most of our local matches are 8-rd friendly; MY match (I run one a year) is just plain unfriendly :D (poppers at 50 yds...)

Back