S&W 629 5" V-Comp

benzh

Inactive
I have an opportunity to purchase a new, in the box
SW 629 5" V-Comp.

Do you like them and What is a good price?
Thanks!

Howard Benz
Memphis

The barrel lengths are deceiving due the the removable compensator. The four inch barrel is really five and the five is closer to six inches. Got the four inch gun and it shoots as well as others of longer barrel lengths. Prices are stiff though, $800 is looking more as a bargain now a day. Every time I look at these guns, price seems to go up another $50-$70 bucks and no longer as limited as they originally were. Well worth the investment I must admit.

Robert

I recently bought a 4" 629 V-COMP and I love it. Make sure you use a *firm* grip though. It's not punishing to shoot but it will bite the web of your hand if you use a loose grip. Trust me, I know from experience after firing my first group. :)

I prefer 4" revolvers over six inch but that's just personal preference. You can't go wrong with either one. I highly recommend getting one if you can.

As for price, if you can get one for under $800 consider it a deal from what I have seen.

R6

benzh, are you a member of MSSA. If so I have one with an Optima2000 on it an I'm out there twice a week. It is a sweet gun.

Rainbow, my post probably bit the dust (forum crash) when you asked about the Optima. Well I ordered another one and a mount for my FA454. We'll see how it stands up to 395er@1500fps :)

If i had a mount for my HK p7 , it would ultiimately get this sight on it.

-CAL

I was VERY lucky last month and picked up the 3
inch(4 w/Comp) new at a greatly reduced price on one of the auction boards. ( The description was
no clear as to what it was...) Anyway, they are very nice indeed although I sent it back to the PC
to get the trigger smoothed, and hopefully lightened, as it was 4.6 pounds SA ! That was strange as the 625PC I got last August was 3.1 ...
dewey

Oddly enough it's right at 4". :D Actually, according to my Helios dial caliper it is 3.970 exactly. That is measuring from forcing cone to end of the portion of barrell that protrudes into the comp/cap.

R6

To be more specific, here's a reference picture that has yellow lines on the measuring points I used with the caliper. 3.970 inches from line to line. :)

With the compensator in place and measuring to it's tip from the cone the measurement is 4.622".

Hope this helps...

R6

Attachments

• 4inbbl.jpg
    4inbbl.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Back