S&W 625-2 Model of 1988

riddleofsteel

S&W 625-2 Model of 1988

I did not have a chance to see the gun loaded or shoot it but I assume it is a .45 ACP that uses moon clips.

It seems that it would be a sweet gun to shoot target and maybe for woods walking.

Who has one of these? What can you tell me about them?

I have been looking at a used one with very little wear for $400.00.

Do you think this is a good price?

I love mine. It happens to be the five inch, and pin shooting was the reason I got it in the first place. The load I shoot most is with 255gr swc's.

The good old .45 ACP can be loaded with light loads and light bullets for target and plinking, or there are many great defense loads that can be purchased for more serious use. I have tried both corbon's 200gr "flying ashtray" and Winchester Hydro shocks in the 230gr bullet on paper with great results.

It is a tad large for concealed carry, but for a home defense woodswalking revolver, as far as I am concerened, it is about as "sweet" as it gets.

By the way, anything is worth what someone is willing to give for it.

S&W 625 Model of 1988 - CRAP

Mike Irwin got a good one?
I remember when these hit my store, I'd ordered six units, all were returned for timing problems.
As I recall, that was one of the few guns that rag writer massage-a-boob actually wrote an entire article in American Handgunner saying that a gun sucked (the 1988).

I don't have one, but I have shot several extensively.

No problems that I can recall, other than the guns were more accurate than I was.

Mine functions great

As do the 2 that are being used for IDPA at our club. Someone may have gotten a batch of Lemons but there are several of us who have put several hundred (and some thousands) of rounds through these with no problems. Accurate enough for IDPA anyways. You couldn't get me to sell mine for $400.

S&W 625

That is a good buy depending on the "quality"/. I recently had one sent to my dealer from a guy in California. He said it was 98% When it came in it was about 75% I paid $425.00 and had a 3 day inspection so I sent it back. Was probably worth $275.00 It dpends on the condition what it is worth.

Denny

I have owned a 625 of 1989 for over ten years and it's my prized wheel gun, it's never given a moments problem. I don't know about your price, but it doesn't sound to bad, see if you can bargin him down lower, it never hurts to try...

7th

Back