S&W 617

Stoic

Does anyone own a S&W 617 with the ten round cylinder and the six inch barrel? I am interested in purchasing a new 617, but am interested in any other alternative in a .22lr revolver. What's the dealer price for the 617? Thanks.

I have one of the 617's with the 10 shot S/S cylinder and the 6" barrel. It has been a great gun and is a great shooter. I shoot it everytime I go out to he range.

The 6" barrel seems a little front heavy but it doesn't bother me since I am used to shooting N frames mostly.

Don;t know about the price, I bout mine from a private party for an extremely good price.

I have a couple, one stainless and one blue. The blue 10 shot has many 1,000's of rounds through it and is running fine. It is one of the first 10-shot 17's or 617's with the aluminum cylinder. I would make sure and get the newer stainless 10 shot cylinder. Wholesale is about $400 and expect to pay about $500 at a gun shop. It's a good gun for indoor practice in winter. It's a great prairie dog pistol, too. Also, the 10 shot capacity keeps revolver shooting interesting when compared to semi auto pistol shooting.

Back