S&W 500 ammo

buzzard55

Inactive
I have a S&W 500, love it, and am told that perhaps the Remington 44 magnum round will fit in this gun, does anyone know for sure if there is an alternative round for this awesome pistol?

Last edited:
The only cartridges that will properly and safely fire from a 500 S&W Magnum is the 500 S&W Magnum, the 500 Special, and the 500 JRH

attempting to fire any other round can result in damaged/destroyed firearm and serious injury to the operator.

I would not take any advise concerning firearms from whom ever suggest you could fire a 44 from a 500

be safe
Ruggy

I have a S&W 500, love it, and am told that perhaps the Remington 44 magnum round will fit in this gun, does anyone know for sure if there is an alternative round for this awesome pistol?

Do you reload? That is the only way to appreciate the caliber. You can shoot 500 Special or 500 Magnum. It has a very wide range of bullet weights to choose from.

I have an ammunition checker and my case fits into the 50 Beowulf slot. I don’t own a Beowulf rifle, though.

I have been using two single stage Hornady Lock N Load presses but I just set up my RCBS Turret press to load faster. I have my powder measure next to the turret.

I’ll Likely transition my 454 Casull and 460 S&W Magnum to a turret reloading configuration.

bea45f13c4d861d240e88f6b4ea88e0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have an ammunition checker and my case fits into the 50 Beowulf slot.
While a 50 Beowulf may fit in our case gage it can not be safely fired from a 500 S&W. On a similar vein the 500 Auto Max will also fit in your case cage. Both these are rimless cartridges and will not space properly in a revolver.

be safe
Ruggy

Last edited:
While a 50 Beowulf may fit in our case gage it can not be safely fired from a 500 S&W. On a similar vein the 500 Auto Max will also fit in your case cage. Both these are rimless cartridges and will not space properly in a revolver.

be safe

Ruggy

I know. I’m just saying it fits.
b92f58f12efe276e9bc7839afe18b18a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back