S&W 45cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickster

I have heard alot about the 457 S&W 45 cal. Well I picked one up today. I`T has a tuo-tone color, really looked sharp. Does anyone know about these guns, are they accurate, reliable, good shooter`s thank`s Nickster!

oh brother.
i had to send mine back for factory repair after the first week, the trigger just plain broke.
after that it's ok.
also, they are an absolute 8@%#@ (insert bad word here) to put back together.
i am spoiled by sigs and h&k. they go together like ladies and whipped cream.
other than that, it's a handy size and seems
to shoot no matter what i put in it, which is important.
they are just finicky.
i wish i would have bought the compact usp 45!

Nickster, the M457 is one of the sleepers in the S&W product line. It is basically a Value Series version of the all stainless M4516. It is a great piece, especially if you consider the price!! Alloy weight, double wound recoil springs, very accurate, good value, period. You got a winner. If you have any problems, send it back to S&W, it has a lifetime warranty, and you will get great service if you need to send it back. Enjoy it!! ......SmithNut

SmithNut's reference to the 457 as a sleeper is very well put. It can be an excellent gun, although, yes, some people have had serious problems with it. One of the problems was with its early magazine release, which apparently tended to break. But S&W has upgraded this part, so it should be okay now. I've also seen several new 457s whose slide locks would not fully engage when the magazine was empty--this may or may not be significant.

For my part, I've been seriously tempted by the 457, mostly due to the weight savings compared with my 4516, but also due to its relatively affordable price. True, the 457 is not in the class of the 4516, but I think it still has a lot to offer.

JMHO.

I really like the S&W 3rd gen handguns (mudsling time) They are well made and function well with all Ammo I ran through them I have a 3913 a 4013 and 4516 all kick
butt....Murray..Mags are $$$$though only bad part.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back