S&W 4505

S&W44

I just bought a S&W model 4505 today and was wondering if anyone had any information on this model.It looks like a blued carbon steel version of the 4506.I've never seen one before.
Thanks

In that particular S&W numbering scheme (they had many) the last number "6" means stainless, "5" means blued carbon steel. So the 4505 is the same as the 4506 except for the material.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Keenan:
In that particular S&W numbering scheme (they had many) the last number "6" means stainless, "5" means blued carbon steel. So the 4505 is the same as the 4506 except for the material.

Jim
[/quote]

Thanks.I called S&W,but all they could tell me was that this model was only made in 1991.I couldn't find out how many were made.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Keenan:

Jim
[/quote]

Thanks.I called S&W,but all they could tell me was that this model was only made in 1991.I couldn't find out how many were made.

S&W44, there were 1200 S&W Model 4505 made in 1991. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

Back