S&W 410 vs. 411?

Maka

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a Smith and Wesson 410 and the 411?
Thanks
Tony

Maka; It's the same pistol. The 411 model was PRE '94 and the 410 model was POST '94 because of the 10 round crime bill crap. The only difference between the two pistols is the magazine capacity. The 411 had a 11 rd mag and the 410 a 10 rd mag. Good Luck, J. Parker

Thanks for the reply.
I heard somebody say since I made the post that possibly the barrel lengths are different. If that wrong?
Tony

Hello,
I have a 410 and a friend of mine has a 411. In addition to the magazine difference, the slide is shaped differently. The 411 has a slide that is rounded a bit and reminds me a lot of a 1911 slide. My 410 has a squared slide and reminds me of a Glock. My guess is that the marketing department was busy watching sales figures that year.

WEELLL, they are ALMOST the same gun...as best I can remember, the 411's slide has a little more machining done to it-not as "blocky" or SQUARE as the 410's. In addition, the 411 has all-METAL sights, while I believe that the sights on the 410 are PLASTIC-!!! I think some of the internals in the 410 may be MIM and not forged, too...but I'm not sure about that....FWIW....mikey357

These pistols were an effort by S&W to offer a more economical pistol to the public. I've owned the mod 910 and mod 915 which were 9mm economical versions. Maka; These pistols in 9mm and 40 cal were and are excellent pistols. The frame is alloy and the pistols are very packable. My 9mm's were very reliable. There is a downside; I tried like hell to trade or sell a S&W 457 (economical 45 version) and I more or less just gave up. IMHO, because of what S&W did it would be very difficult to sell a S&W SEMI-AUTO for what you paid for it. Somehow, people don't feel the same about S&W REVOLVERS! SO, if you plan on keeping the mod 410 or 411 it will serve you well. However, it's resale value will be next to nothing. Just my thoughts, J. Parker

Back