S&W 41

Classic12

I wanted a Smith and Wesson 41 for quite awhile now, I have read so many rave reviews about them; however they are very expensive here, $ 1000.- and up for a secondhand one and $ 2000 for a new one. I have several other 22s so I just waited for the day when a good deal would come my way. And as you guessed it that day has come.

This baby popped up at the LGS for $ 550.- and since I’ve been a good customer lately I got it for $ 495.-. I still have to go and pick it up but here are the pics from the LGS.

843c63e4c7f0cca009c6e675938fe67d.jpg

d9ad115ed6ea19e9e936dac27fdaede9.jpg

d4ce63739e17623bde6f6ae7ea92145c.jpg

I will now have three nice 22 Long rifle handguns from Smith & Wesson

229cad82d67d74296295dc70a4103d06.jpg

68916f9ede48eadbe8961b0d0108af33.jpg

Plus the recent (and cool) .22 centerfire

82d0315ed1b7d7c3d36e26d9f43f956b.jpg

Great choice and price !!!

Looks Like you got a 5-1/2" barrel and no matter as you definitely got a great deal. In the commercial domestic field, this is the one on top. Be careful not to neglect yo other semi's. I often think that is a person buys a 41 before others, he will not need the others. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!!

$495 is not just a Deal, it is a Steal.
Looks a little scruffy, wonder how a target pistol got that finish challenged. But still cheap.

And the Perfected, sigh.

Nice deal!

I'm trying to figure out how those grips will work... The first picture makes it look like they are for a left handed shooter because it looks like they have a "shelf" for your left thumb. But it's got the same shelf on the other side. I have a couple of woodsmans and a 1911 with a shelf for your right hand thumb but none that have a ridge on both sides.

The flute on the left side serves as a thumb rest, the one on the right as a trigger finger relief. Pretty usable. A serious 25 metre or 50 yard target shooter might want a personalized grip.

Very nice! I envy you. I just bought a 41 performance center and had to send it back. Should not have happened but it did would not chamber wolf match extra or Winchester m22 ammo.

I've really enjoyed your posts, pictures and information about shooting in Switzerland but I've just got to ask, did you get that S&W 41 for four hundred and ninety five dollars in U.S. dollars? We aren't misunderstanding some currency conversion are we? As many folk have mentioned that is a really good price and please don't take any offense at my question.

My own S&W 41 story is when I first started shooting bullseye handgun I reached the point where I could, on a good day, shoot in the very low 80's (10 shots---best score would be 100 points). It was a friendly league and one day the league leader let me shoot his S&W 41. He regularly shot in the very high 90's. I shot his gun and got in the very low 90's. He shot my gun and got in the very high 80's. Being practically a mathematical genius :p I concluded the S&W 41 was worth about 10 points to me. Alas, events precluded me from buying one at the time and now I don't shoot in competition any more.

I think you'll enjoy your gun a lot.
Good luck.

S&W 41

I've really enjoyed your posts, pictures and information about shooting in Switzerland but I've just got to ask, did you get that S&W 41 for four hundred and ninety five dollars in U.S. dollars? We aren't misunderstanding some currency conversion are we? As many folk have mentioned that is a really good price and please don't take any offense at my question.

My own S&W 41 story is when I first started shooting bullseye handgun I reached the point where I could, on a good day, shoot in the very low 80's (10 shots---best score would be 100 points). It was a friendly league and one day the league leader let me shoot his S&W 41. He regularly shot in the very high 90's. I shot his gun and got in the very low 90's. He shot my gun and got in the very high 80's. Being practically a mathematical genius :p I concluded the S&W 41 was worth about 10 points to me. Alas, events precluded me from buying one at the time and now I don't shoot in competition any more.

I think you'll enjoy your gun a lot.
Good luck.

Thanks, no offense taken

It was posted at 490.- Swiss francs, I asked for a “good customer” discount as I bought a good number of guns there in the last twelve months (and felt almost bad about asking as it was already cheap) and the LGS offered 440 Swiss francs, which is 495 US dollars today.

When I mention prices, it’s always bought in Swiss francs and converted to US dollars for easier comprehension on a US forum.

For comparison here are a new one and a secondhand one in the catalogue of Switzerland’s biggest arms dealer (in Swiss francs, add abt 12% for US$ at today’s exchange rate).

9c2234bf96a17488c0ac36e45523a70b.jpg

5b13479b2965bdfb487cc0d0533e5ebb.jpg

https://www.lagardere.ch/images/fichiers/catalogue202012.pdf

Thank you for your post, pictures and consideration you show in your threads and thanks for clearing that up for me.

Once again, you got a smokin' hot deal and I think you'll enjoy your purchase.
Good luck.

Seems like our new 41's cost about what your used ones do.

At any rate, that's an absolute steal. Congratulations!

Excellent deal on very nice pistol! Looks like a little oil/maybe very fine steel wool will make it shine. Have a similar era one, judging by rear site. Mine like's the warmer CCI's, even if it is a target pistol.

Very nice!

The Model 41 is not on the level of your country's Hämmerli 208/211/212/215, as you are no doubt aware, but it is still an excellent pistol, and that is an unbelievable price.

Excellent deal on very nice pistol! Looks like a little oil/maybe very fine steel wool will make it shine. Have a similar era one, judging by rear site. Mine like's the warmer CCI's, even if it is a target pistol.

Oh it’ll get a complete cleaning, inspection and oiling, and general TLC here.

Very nice!

The Model 41 is not on the level of your country's Hämmerli 208/211/212/215, as you are no doubt aware, but it is still an excellent pistol, and that is an unbelievable price.

I’ll find out soon enough, but I think they’re two different tools, the 215 is really a (older) competition pistol

85c1ee58c04d31a459efa472f57f72c0.jpg

547f045609a4eae840caede8de2dbfae.jpg

Back