S&W 4006

Alpha 4

Inactive
I own several pistols. One of which is an S&W 4006. Without all the political S&W bashing, what are your experiences with this pistol. I for one, happen to like mine. :eek:

The only real downside to mine...

...was its weight. The safety could have been better placed for operation by human hands, too, but I usually just used it as a decocker. It was reliable, shot where I pointed it, and had a better-than-average trigger. Were it not for the company's pusillanimous behaviour of late, I'd cheerfully buy another.

I have one and have found it to be very solid and very reliable. However, Tamara's trigger must have been assembled by a true craftsman and mine was assembled by his apprentice during his first week at work. It is very gritty and does not have a consistent pull weight in either DA or SA. Also the trigger mechanism is extremely compicated when compared to pistols of similar quality. Strictly because of the trigger, I rarely fire it. Yes, I know a good qualified smithy could work wonders on it, but I haven't gotten around to sending it off and probably never will. But I will never sell it because I like the way it looks and, frankly, I never plan to sell another gun no matter what. (I sold a Browning HP in the 60's and still regret it after all these years. I'm rambling, aren't I? :) )

Had one for a short time. Maybe put 500 rounds through it. Robust(heavy), reliable, nice looking, liked the grip angle, and had two pre-Klinton mags for it. Nice package. Compared to other pistols just to darn heavy. Best, J. Parker

It was my first pistol. What a piece of crap. It was heavy, crappy trigger, didn't shoot for a damn, and jammed all day long. Now I had a 4516, that was a sweet gun. It was probably the nicest auto S&W ever made.

Be Safe
Mike

Back