S&W .32 Long Revolver Info Please?

Bob1911

I was just informed that my father is giving me my mother's S&W 6 shot .32Long revolver which he gave her for their wedding back in 55. It was in excellent condition with a b&w stag (he called it ivory) grips. The ser# is 2218xx and the markings under the barrel when the cylinder is open are a "U" with a 56969 under that and a 7 under this. Any information would be appreciated greatly.

Would this gun be good for Bullseye centerfire matches?

Thank you all in advance.

Bob

I'd need more info (barrel length, sights, finish) to know precisely what model you're looking at, but it sounds like a 32 Hand Ejector of some type. I don't think there would be any reason you COULDN'T use it for the centrefire portion in Bullseye, but there are probably a number of other revolvers that might serve you better in that discipline.

Just got it today.

It has a 6" barrel, blued (black) finish in excellent condition (like new) and the rear sight is is adjustable for elevation and windage. Also the serial number has a K in front of it.

Do you have any idea of value? I had thought I had heard that it was a "k32 target" piece.

You have just about struck gold.

They only made 3630 K-32s from 1947 to 1974 and they are worth a good deal of money. Like $3000+ if in top condition, although the stag grips are probably not original, which would detract from collector value.

b&w grips?

If those do happen to be original S&W grips, they are probably worth a great deal of money by themselves. Congrats on the good fortune.

Back