S&W 1913 (gun of the day)

johnwill

Here's a gun you won't see everyday, the relatively scarce S&W 1913 in .35 S&W. It's fun trying to find ammo for these, about $65 a box! :) From the looks of the works of this gun, it's apparent why S&W took so long to get back to the semi-auto side of the business! The maching is outstanding, but the ergonomics leave something to be desired. The manual safety is under your hand on the backstrap, and the grip safety is on the front of the grip where you need to take care to actuate it. The bolt is very unusual too, it's very light, and it has the strongest spring I've ever seen on any semi-auto! It's basically impossible to cycle the bolt with the spring engaged, so S&W has a disconnect button to chamber a round with the recoil spring disconnected! All in all, an interesting engineering exercise, but I can see why it was a commercial failure. I suspect it was also very expensive to manufacture...

73459_S5W_1913_01.jpg

John, where is ammo available, even at $65/box? I haven't found any.

OOPS! Found your post on my thread. Thanks... and Never Mind.

OOPS! Again. Bum link in the post on my thread, John. Got help?

Hutch,

I'm assuming that you have one of these? I don't think the ammo would be good for many other guns. :)

Here's an email address to ask them.

ammo@ammunitions.com

or try

sales@ammunitions.com

Finally, their web address, I just tried this link.

2nd Amendment

Here's what they sent to me when I asked.

Current cost of 35 S&W is $63.00 per box 50, plus freight.
Freight is $12.50 for 1-3 boxes
Above prices are cash prices
Delivery is approximately 1 week
Credit card prices add 3% to total invoice amount,
American Express credit cards add 4% to total invoice amount

Back