S&W 15-3 date of manufacture

Davyboy

Inactive
Hello- I am new to the forum and love it already. I have a S&W model 15-3 and am wanting to know when it was manufactured. Serial # is K996xxx. Thanks in advance for any information.

Welcome to the TFL. I am not at home to check my reference books but if I remember correctly the 15-3 was from 1967 - 1976. Yours would be made after 1970 again if my memory serves correct { and it usually does not}
Again welocme

Thanks! I knew it was in that range, just trying to get a little closer. I'm thinking '70 or 71', but could be wrong,

S&W 15-3 in one of the most outstanding revolvers you can have -- DON'T EVER LET GO OF YOURS! My son, retired from SAC, said that was the pistol issued to B-52 crews in cold war times. It is the most accurate revolver I have.
willr

S&W 15-3 in one of the most outstanding revolvers you can have -- DON'T EVER LET GO OF YOURS! My son, retired from SAC, said that was the pistol issued to B-52 crews in cold war times. It is the most accurate revolver I have.
willr
It was also standard issue for air cops (Security Police) until about 1994, used a 130 grain FMJ load.

Love the 15s and 67s. I prefer the stainless 67s the best, corrosion resistant and don't show holster wear or scuffs quite as bad as the blued guns can after a while of running the guns hard.

Last edited:
Back