S&W 14-4 score

4D5

Found this when making the gun store/pawn shop rounds a couple weeks ago. Couldn't post sooner, house was in disarray from new carpet install.

No box papers or tools. It had a hang tag price of $599. I gave it a good look over and mechanically it was in great shape, looked to only be factory fired. However it has a couple cosmetic blemishes; minor scratches on the side plate and a small dot shaped spot of missing bluing and a small spot where some surface rust had started on the barrel. It has wide hammer and trigger.

After a bit of discussion about it's condition, the seller offers up $500. I said deal.

Got it home and gave is a good cleaning and worked on the cosmetic issues. A little work with Oxpho-Blue the cosmetic blemishes were greatly reduced. Now to get it out and see how she shoots.

SW%2014-4_zpsxh1wyzzd.jpg

Congrats on a beautiful revolver. You gave it the same treatment I often use with very minor issues.

Just got to love the older S&W blue.

That is a beautiful 6" M-14. I can't even see a "turn line" on the cylinder in the pic. You're fortunate to have found one in such nice condition. It will be a great paper puncher.

Well I got out for the first time with the gun this morning.
Not my best effort, but the gun is certainly capable of much better performance if I do my part.
Seven yards two hands.

I just recently was able to buy back my model 14 that I sold 40 years ago to a HS buddy when I joined the service. The gun is still as beautiful and smooth as it was in 1977. I paid 300 to get it back, and feel like I stole it.

Back