S&W 14-4 new to me

4D5

It’s been a while since I went to the Big Reno Gun Show. This time I went looking for a M14. I found this new in box at a negotiated price of $675.

Recently I purchased a used 14-5 LNIB (posted here a while ago), however I didn’t discover, until I was home and was cleaning, that the locking bolt was seriously altered. After replacing the locking bolt, the ranging rod kissed the front of the cylinder. I sent it to S&W and they replaced it (plus $150) with a new 586, which I promptly sold as I have several and wanted a M14.

I’m quite happy with the first range trip.

14-4%206%20inch_zpsotmb1bfs.jpg

One of the last two on my bucket list,,,

One of the last two on my bucket list,,,
And I applaud your taste in fiery-arms.

I need a matching 14/17 pair,,,
To fill up that last corner of my gun safe.

Nice find my friend,,,

Aarond

Wow! That is NICE. Congratulations!

I recently acquired a somewhat "finish challenged" 14-2, and an even more "finish challenged" K-22 that I haven't had a chance to fire yet...I've been sick. I'm looking forward to getting back to the range with them.

Very very nice. Now you making me want to go shoot mine.

I have a 14-3. I dont know if favorite one is the right term. I seem to have allot of favorites.
But I wont ever sell this one and my Son knows he better never let it go other wise I will come back to haunt him.
BTW I like your grips. Mine are in need of an upgrade.

100_9675_zps20ab8140.jpg

100_9670_zpsa1d7d9b3.jpg

Oh yeah I got the K-Frame sweats now. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight as it already is I have sleep apnea.

Bought a 14-3 from a Gunbroker auction a few years back. Nothing rare or special and showed a lot of holster wear. But it works fine and I got if for a hundred bucks.

standard.jpg

I just noticed it has full target options. Don't see that all too often.

Saxonpig, how on earth did you snag a 3t's model 14 for a 100 bucks?? The stocks alone are worth that! Op, thats a very nice example you have there congrats!

I'm very fond of mine:

8 3/8" barrel, target everything.

It's accurate enough that if the holes don't touch, I know it's my fault. ;)

What's the difference between the model 14 and the model 15? Just barrel length?

4D5, beautiful handgun BTW! Very nice deal with it being NIB. That gun would probably be like $800-900 around here.

Very nice find. I love my 14-3 single action it is the most accurate handgun I own.The awesome trigger helps with that I am sure.

Back