S & W 10-11.

IKE

This morning I bought a used 4" S & W 10-11 heavy barrel......other than it having some holster bluing wear it's in great condition and I'm looking forward to some range time with it tomorrow morning.

I've looked in my 3rd Edition S & W book for the serial number and unless I over looked it (which is quite possible with my old eyes) I can't find the number to give me a date of mfg.

I heard some of the 10-11's around now were Australian surplus and there were also some made for security and police departments here in the U.S.

Based on the number can someone give me a little info on the gun ?

Serial #.....CDS25**.

Thank you.

With a CDS prefix, the gun is new enough that S&W customer service should be able to tell you how old it is; however, you'll probably have to pay for a factory history letter to find out to whom it was sold.

I got two 10-10 a few years ago from a wholesales outfit. Their serial numbers start with BKN4xxx and BKZ5xxx. Despite their finish wear the actions are still tight and the guns in better condition than the S&W 64s that came from Brinks.

S&W 10-10, touched up with express rust blue and sporting some Nills.

ez3iuw8l.jpg

Thanks for the date Joe and replies fellas.

I went to the range early this morning and ran 50 rounds through her with some old reloads I had on hand using 125 gr. Remington Golden Sabers and HP-38.......she's definitely a keeper.

Thanks again.

Back