?s for Class III dealers

• Thread starter Thread starter Bugsy
  • Start date Start date
B

Bugsy

I got a question for you C3 dealers.
I work for a police dept. that has a few Class III firearms that were made in 1986 or before (4 HK MP5s & 6 HK 33s). We also have a few 93s.
Im told that these are worth a considerable amount of money & that some Class 3 dealers will make a good trade for them w/LE only firearms.
Is this true, if so, is anyone interested?
We had an offer of a 1 for 1 trade, but, I believe we would be getting ripped off.
Thanks for replies, if interested leave a post & I will email privately.

Bugsy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bugsy:
We had an offer of a 1 for 1 trade, but, I believe we would be getting ripped off.

Bugsy
[/quote]

I'm not a Class III dealer, but I can tell you that you were certainly talking to a rip-off artist! :)

I believe it was Keisler Police Supply that was offering a 3 for 1 deal on LEO M-16 for 3 brand new Bushmaster Ar-15's. This too is a ripoff. As long as the LEO guns are transferrable they should command a very good price. $7000 or so for M-16 or MP-5. Can't beat that. I they ARE NOT transferrable good luck, then they are worth the same as a civilian semi, as far as another PD is concerned.

------------------
An X is still an X with a Quarter Inch group at 100 yards
With a Quarter Inch Group on the keyboard an X could be - Z,S,D, or C.
I am a quarter inch typist - Please excuse the errors!

The HK's would all be pre- or post-samples depending on whether before or after the ban in '86. If pre, worth about $3000 each. If post,maybe $1000. Transferables would be much more, but few PD's have transferable foriegn guns.

Back